Sunday 13 April 2008

Samosas shoot

Here are the photos from the samosas shoot
Before the shoot I had to gather up all the items required including dishes and vases from the wholesale suppliers for local Indian restaurants and the food itself from the local take away.
The actual set up for the shoot took about one hour to organize due to the large number of props
I used the small infinity cone and a black backdrop to create a warm, atmospheric dark scene
My chief inspiration for the shoot came from Marks and Spencer's advertisements and also this opulent photograph of fruits by Ira Khan.
I tried to emulate this photograph by using a similar method of lighting
Flat lighting lit from the top with a fill in light at 90 degrees to the object

"hollar+reimers" by Ira Kakn

Lighting set up
Key light snoot lit from above the subject set at F 5.5
To create a spotlight effect to highlight the samosas which are the subject of this photo
My fill in flash was at 90 degrees to camera
Camera specks 250 shutter speed to make the background fall in to darkess due to the fast shutter speed using between F16 and 22 to create a large depth of field and show the samosas in detail. This helped to make the samosas appear crisp and fresh



In this photograph I wished to represent a whole life style to the purchasing public as they are buying samosas which have been handmade in the traditional way and this is what the photograph is intended to denote.
With spices in an ornate Oriental box flowing out onto rolling exotic sequinned fabrics covering the table on whivch everything is displayed.
Camera Specks F22 250 To let the background fall into darkness
An 18mm lens to create a wide angled shot of the samosas and the spices



1 comment:

Monte Carlo Cigarettes said...

Admiration and interest were my first feelings when I’ve entered your blog. It is indeed the most remarkable creation I’ve ever seen! Moreover, your manner of writing and the photos are absolutely fine and I think everyone would agree with my words. All this made me immediately add the blog to my links. Thank you very much for such a marvelous web page and I will surely enter it again!